Dear GCCC Children and Parents,
Thank you for attending GCCC and learning more about Jesus each time you attend.
The GCCC Missions Committee would like to continue finding ways to learn more about our missionaries and our world as we share Jesus with knowledge, we would like to introduce FLAT JESUS. Similar to the story about Flat Stanley by Dale Hubert who travels the world with children and their families, we would like for our children to move FLAT JESUS around their world. Many churches around the country are participating in a similar program.
The children were introduced to FLAT JESUS during the Sunday School hour. They
personalized their own pictures of FLAT JESUS. Our hope was that FLAT JESUS would go with the children in everyday family activities from time to time go on special occasions like family trips, reunions, outings, and adventures. At the same time, children of our GCCC missionaries around the world took their FLAT JESUS in their daily lives.
• The children can share their adventures with FLAT JESUS by taking digital pictures.
• Your family may share pictures by printing pictures and bringing to Sunday School or emailing to our special project address at firstname.lastname@example.org. These will be shared with the GCCC children and with missionary children.
• A special feature with a scan code (QR Code) was on the FLAT JESUS. If you had a SMART phone that allowed you to scan it with your GPS turned on, we were able to add it to the list of places Jesus has visited with your child. http://flatjesus.weebly.com
• The Sunday School classes talked about the pictures as they were brought to church. All learned more about life around the world.
• Some very special activities occured throughout the project to help celebrate the lives of our missionary children and let them know we care about them
Please participate and talk about the project at home.
The GCCC Missions Committee